Saturday, July 6, 2013

New Friends + Bungee Cords

"All that we have left are the inflatables....."

"Sounds great!  I'll help with that!"

"Really??  AWESOME!"

 

I pictured myself sitting/standing in the shade, watching little ones bounce for a few hours, and then enjoying the rest of the cool May picnic before working behind the scenes at the concert.  Then I wondered why no one else had signed up for the inflatables.  I found out pretty quick.  The reality - it was an uber hot day, there was constant running back and forth on a steamy hot inflatable, calling out "ready! set! go!", and feeling like I was going to pass out after the first hour....but I had the time of my life!!  I made several new friends throughout the day including a gal who's voice sounded exactly like one of my Aunts!  No joke!

 

Show Hope celebrated their 10th anniversary this May with a fun picnic and then an amazing concert in Nashville, TN.  Julia and I manned the kids bungee run and watched little ones get pulled back into backflips/somersaults after racing as far as they could.  "No children were injured during this traumatic process" ;-)

 

show hope 10th anniversary nashville tn 3

show hope 10th anniversary nashville tn 4

 

 

Some friends and I had the privilege of helping add sponsor envelopes and glue dots to the 3,000 concert programs.  According to some ladies from the very first sponsor trip to Maria's Big House of Hope, all that was needed was a "can of flexible spirit".  I still want to frame my program - so much work went into these!


show hope 10th anniversary nashville tn 6show hope 10th anniversary nashville tn 7

 

 

There was an amazing line up at the concert - Laura Story, Audio Adrenalin, Casting Crowns and Steven Curtis Chapman were a few of the artists.

show hope 10th anniversary nashville tn 8

 

 

SCC had the whole audience (including myself) in tears towards the end of the night after he sang "When Love Takes You In" and "Cinderella" accompanied by part of the Nashville Symphony.  He also debuted a song that will be coming out on his new album that left everyone applauding like crazy and crying even more.  It was so beautiful!

show hope 10th anniversary nashville tn 9

 

The Chapmans also brought families to the stage who had adopted children with the help of Show Hope grants - yes, I kept "AWWWW"ing and squealing when I saw the little tikes.  I've been a sponsor since February 14, 2008 but I have never been more excited about this organization!  It was amazing to be able to see and meet soooo many of the families who these grants have helped.

 

Towards the end of the night both a security guard and an event photographer came over to the sponsor table where I was working and asked for information on becoming a sponsor!  SCORE!

 

Here's a link to learn more about how you can help out also :)

 

Happy Saturday!

laura elizabeth

0 people commented on this post:

Post a Comment