Tuesday, July 30, 2013

22

Saturday was my 22nd birthday, and yes, Taylor Swift's song "22" was on repeat until I couldn't possibly listen to it anymore. :)

 

The morning started off with a new tea blend called Paris (how perfect!!) that my sister brought back from her Indiana trip, and the best crepes I have ever tasted.

 

paris black tea vanilla photo

 

One of the hardest parts about being gluten intolerant is finding substitutes for old favorite recipes.  Crepes were always a favorite of mine but I never could find an *edible* gluten free recipe (they mostly tasted like cardboard).  That all changed when I made the Blackbird Bakery's recipe for the first time earlier this year - Best. Crepes. EVAH!  They are better than any crepe that I have have ever had.... seriously amazing.

 

gluten free crepes photo

My sister and I still kept up our old "sleep over" tradition.  Each of our birthdays we watch a favorite movie, eat a whole package of oreos (my all time favorite cookie), snack on extra birthday cake, and then paint our nails a "new crazy color" if we haven't fallen asleep yet.  This year we changed a few things up and had even more fun!

 

After throwing away several bottles of hideous nail polish from past sleepovers I decided to buy colors that I wouldn't mind using all throughout the year.  My whole world stopped when I found "my blue" color.  Scotch brand is tricky to put on, but you can't be picky with "natural" nail polish - it's just a little bit harder to work with.  Their colors are amazing though!

 

scotch natural mineral nail polish photo

 

I have a confession to make - my cake didn't make it to my birthday.  The mistake was that I made it a week in advance.  Homemade coffee ice cream, gluten free chocolate cake and mocha frosting doesn't last long around here.  At all.

chocolate mocha coffee ice cream cake homemade photo

 

We ended up getting out an old exercise dance game, giving ourselves facials, painting our nails and totally pampering each other until about 2am.  Oh, and we couldn't stop laughing the whole time. :)

laura elizabeth birthday photo

 

I have some AWESOME news that I can't wait to share later on this week!!

 

Happy Tuesday

~~ le

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! So, what is tricky about the nail polish? I always like the idea of natural beauty products. Never tried natural nail polish though!

    ReplyDelete