Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mini Sessions || Second Annual Adoption Awareness Month

It's that time of year again!  I'm super excited to announce my Second Annual Adoption Awareness Month Mini Sessions!  I can't believe how time has flown by.  Last year in Nashville, TN was fantastic, and I can't wait to see how much Hope we can Show (pun totally intended) here in San Antonio, TX!


For those of you who don't know about my story and evolvement with Show Hope, here is the short version:


I first became a sponsor with Show Hope on February 14, 2008 while attending a Steven Curtis Chapman concert. Throughout the evening, there were numbers in the corner of a large screen that kept changing to show that every 18 seconds a child becomes an orphan. I stopped staring at the screen when it hit 500 children and I knew that I had to do something.


While living in Tennessee for a few years I was able to volunteer in the Show Hope office, and I have helped run three different Show Hope booths at different concerts. It’s amazing to really understand the need that these orphans and families have! Many families have been called to adopt, and all that is standing in their way are the funds. Show Hope gives grants to these families who normally wouldn’t be able to adopt, and forever families to the waiting children. In addition, a portion of every donation goes to fund life-giving medical care to Show Hope’s orphanage in China, Maria’s Big House of Hope.

Now for the good stuff!  I absolutely know that you want to help out!  Here are four different ways that you can help change the life of an orphan today:


1. I’ve created an Advocate page through Show Hope so you can donate right to them! All you need to do is click on this link HERE  and then click on the “Make a Donation” link on the right side of the advocate page.


2. Become a monthly sponsor! Scroll down to the very bottom of my advocate page on the left and click on the blue link that says “Sponsor Now”.

3. SHARE! SHARE! SHARE! Please share this blog post and my advocate page with all of your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn or even in a blog post or by email! Let’s get the word out about Show Hope together!

4. And finally the fourth option - Schedule your Mini Session today!  100% Proceeds from every photography session (families, siblings, engagements, and children's portraits) this month will go directly to Show Hope. These photos will be perfect for your Christmas cards, as well as help out children in need! Contact me to set up your session today ~ laura@lauraelizabethphotography.com

And because I love posting photos on every blog post, I've created a special flyer describing the details of the mini sessions.  I've made it really easy to pin it to your Pinterest boards - just hover over the image and click on the "Pin It" button!


show-hope-november-adoption-awareness-month-san-antonio-tx-mini-sessions-photography


Happy Monday!


~~LE

0 people commented on this post:

Post a Comment