Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Get Organized Part 2 - The E-Mailbox

It's been years... 3+ years to be exact.  There was always something else to do - a session to edit, animals to take care of, laundry to wash or cupcakes to bake.  I could *always* find a good excuse to get out of it.... deleting emails has to be my worst nightmare ever.  I just can't seem to hit that delete button.  It seems like it would be really simple.  Check your emails twice a day, read the keepers, delete anything not worth reading - easy peasy lemon squeezy right?!


When you open up your emails one day and realize that there are over 19,000 of them (yes, you read that right - over nineteen THOUSAND) it's not a good feeling.  I'm pleased to say that after a couple hours, lunch, and a "don't back down" attitude that you can only get from listening to The Only Way I Know, I have narrowed down my inbox to a mere 6,295 from 2007-2013, and cleared up over 6GB of space on my hard drive.


I guess emails are just like culling and editing photo sessions - you need to take the time immediately and do it or you will have a monster to deal with later on.  I'll go into exactly how I organize and run my inbox in a later post, but for now here's a sneak peek of my mail app....that I'm now excited to open every day  :)


email mac apple macbook pro 15 inch mail app photo


Catch Up:  Get Organized Part 1


Happy Tuesday,


~~laura elizabeth

0 people commented on this post:

Post a Comment